Monthly TV Fan 2010 December issue

11:03 PM hsjsyndrome 1 Comments

CREDITS TO: http://tesshimassu.livejournal.com/

Monthly TV Fan 2010 December issue

The group has had another busy year starting with a concert tour in spring, then their first album release and the “SUMMARY” stage show in the summer! For a group that’s just celebrated their third anniversary, Hey! Say! JUMP continue to be in top form. Now it’s time to look back on their early days, talk about what happened backstage at SUMMARY, and what lies ahead in the future… Now that the autumn nights are getting longer, it’s time to enjoy lots of stories from these 10 guys.

Q: Looking back on yourselves three years ago, what were you like?

Yamada: I was worried about a lot of things. I was scared because there were lots of my seniors in the group (laughs). I’ve only just become friends with Ino-chan in the last six months, right? (laughs)

Inoo: Yeah, I never really wanted to see the face of anyone who was younger than me (laughs).

Yamada: Hey! (laughs)

All: (laughs)

Yaotome: In the beginning I thought we could get along with one another but I think there was this wall between 7 and BEST.

Chinen: It’s not that we hated you, but we didn’t want to be involved.

Yabu: But we hang out together now.

Inoo: I feel like I make more friends every year I get older. I’ve finished off everyone in BEST and now I’m moving in on 7 one member at a time. I think I’m halfway with Ryutaro right now.

Morimoto: Liar! (laughs)

Yaotome: I think it’s only recently that I’ve been able talk one-on-one with Ryutaro. I mean, three years ago you were still at primary school.

Takaki: Ryutaro’s changed so much. You were so cute when we made our debut.

Morimoto: You thought I was cute.

Inoo: You can tell a lot’s changed by looking at photos from the beginning. Everyone in 7 were kids.

Nakajima: Three years changes so much.

Yabu: Ryutaro’s private life really interests me. It’s so funny I research him every week (laughs)

Morimoto: I have fun talking to Yabu-kun as well so if I were to live with someone in this group, I’d choose Yabu-kun.

Yabu: I’d want to live with Inoo (laughs).

Takaki: I wonder what we’d do if Ryutaro and I hung out.

Arioka: Why don’t you go out for yakiniku?

Morimoto: You’ll pay right (laughs).

Yabu: Speaking of change, I think Keito’s Japanese has gotten better (laughs).

Arioka: He can say “らちがあかない (this is getting nowhere)” now (laughs).

Yabu: He can talk normally now.

Okamoto: Oh, what. You make it sound like I couldn’t talk before! (laughs)

Takaki: You used to cry a lot.

Yabu: At dance lessons and rehearsals.

Arioka: You’d cry when you had trouble remembering dance moves. I asked you whether you were alright, and you said, “my head hurts” (laughs).

Okamoto: Because I didn’t want to say that I was having trouble remembering the moves!

Yaotome: We all knew though (laughs). I did so much more than I should have teaching you the moves but you still couldn’t remember them (laughs).

Okamoto: Everyone helped me.

Arioka: I remember you kept practicing by yourself during our breaks.

Yabu: And then before we knew it you’d turned into a guitar boy (laughs).

Takaki: You started to say the only path for you was rock music.

Okamoto: No I didn’t! (laughs)

Q: Is there anything you’ve been wanting to ask someone in the group?

Arioka: Not anymore.

Yamada: Nope. We get along and we’ll ask if something comes up. We don’t hide things.

Inoo: We can talk about anything.

Yabu: We’ll talk about all the good things and bad things happening in our private lives.

Yaotome: We can talk about the worst of things too.

Takaki: If one of us has a funny story we want to tell the others, we’ll come to work with a huge grin on our face (laughs).

Arioka: It’s like, “Yes, I can say it!” (laughs)

Yamada: I think everyone in the group are my closest counselors.

Nakajima: We’re nearly always together. Yama-chan, Chinen and me go to the same school so we’re literally always together.

Morimoto: That’s amazing that you’re always together.

Yamada and Nakajima: Isn’t it amazing! (laughs)

Chinen: Sometimes I want to get away (laughs). I spend more time with them than with my parents.

Q: Now that your summer stage show “SUMMARY” is over, can you tell us about something that happened behind-the-scenes?

Yamada: The guys in BEST said they were going to work out to get perfect bodies but no one ever managed to. Especially Yuya Takaki!

Takaki: What!?

Chinen: Mr Yuya Takaki, when I touched your stomach today, it was soft.

Inoo: But he did try hard, right?

Takaki: Yeah, I was trying hard!

Yamada: You were trying hard but your labor didn’t produce any results (laughs).

Inoo: He only tried hard for a minute or two (laughs).

Nakajima: We’ll give you credit for that.

Takaki: You’re so nice Yuto!

Yabu: What surprised me during “SUMMARY” was when Dai-chan came out of the shower, he took a towel and wrapped it around him like a sumo wrestler and started stomping on the ground.

All: (laughs!)

Arioka: After taking a bath I got really high, like we were about to go on stage, and just did it. I wanted to make everyone laugh.

Yabu: He was like “Yo!” and me and Inoo-chan started a photoshoot (laughs).

Takaki: What, I didn’t know about this! It sounded like fun!

Yabu: I’ll show you the photos later (laughs).

Q: Now that it’s mid-autumn, and autumn is the season for big eaters, who eats the most in the group?

Arioka: Keito used to eat a lot.

Yabu: All the leftoevers went to Keito. If I couldn’t finish something, I’d ask Keito if he wanted it and he’d start munching on it (laughs).

Arioka: Inoo-chan eats the most lately, don’t you think?

Yamada: I’d say so.

Inoo: I eat quite a lot!

Morimoto: You like white rice right?

Inoo: Yup, I love white rice the most.

Takaki: But the thing is, you always order white rice no matter what shop we eat at (laughs).

Yaotome: I get so embarrassed when we go into a shop and the waiter tells you they don’t serve rice, and you yell out this huge “whaaaat!?” like a bossy kid (laughs).

Inoo: Because I want to eat it.

Yaotome: Then start carrying around your own supply of rice with you! (laughs)

Q: Finally, could you talk about what’s in store for JUMP’s fourth year?

Takaki: By April, everyone in BEST will be in their 20s.

All: WOW!

Okamoto: That’s amazing.

Yamada: The average age will go up (laughs).

Yaotome: I think that will help us branch out into more workfields. We’ve had to worry about work hours because of age restrictions up to now.

Yabu: We’ve had to schedule our concerts so they start early too. By the time the concert’s finished and it’s time to go home, it clashes with the evening rush hour (laughs).

Chinen: Soon nine of us will be able to take part in the New Year’s countdown concerts.

Inoo: It’s exciting to see that every year more and more of us get to come out for it.

Morimoto: What, are nine of you going next year?

Yamada: Yeah.

Nakajima: You’ll be going solo (laughs).

Morimoto: Am I going to be the only one that can’t go to it next year or the year after!? Oh man!

Chinen: Just sit on the side-bench. Watch over us like the director. Then when we come down from the stage, give us a fist bump.

All: (laughs)

Takaki: The other thing I want us to do is to get more fans. The other day I met someone who said, “Hey! Say! JUMP made their debut recently, right”…

Arioka: We’ve got to work harder so people can remember each of our names!

Q: What has changed or how have you grown over the last three years since your debut?

Yamada: I don’t really take notice of those things…but I’ve been able to talk to Inoo by myself recently (laughs).

Morimoto: I haven’t changed at all. I think I’m less of a person than what my fans think I am, but I do want to step things up.

Arioka: In the beginning I couldn’t talk in front of the camera. I think I got carried away when I did. I still get carried away now but I think I’ve gotten better compared to how I used to be.

Yabu: I don’t have to be nice to everyone anymore, in a good way. When we made our debut I realized I was surrounded by juniors who were looking up to me as their senior. But gradually that pressure just disappeared.

Takaki: Three years has gone by so fast. I’m going to make sure I keep learning new things. After all, we’re only three years old (laughs).

Yaotome: When we celebrated our first anniversary, I felt like Yabu and I had to push the others forward, but now some of them are becoming good rivals.

Q: What do you do, or what would you like to do to pass the time during these long, autumn nights?

Chinen: The other day, I got home from school and starting watching Kanjani8′s concert DVD “PUZZLE”. I love watching my senior’s concert DVDs. I also love going to concerts and hearing the crowd’s cheering.

Nakajima: I don’t really like long nights. I like long evenings. I wish I could go to a country where the sun doesn’t set.

Morimoto: What would I want to do? I have this image in my head that the moon looks really nice in autumn.

Takaki: I go for a drive. I love the sea so I go to the beach pretty much every day. I just stare at it, and I never get bored.

Inoo: The nights might be longer but it doesn’t mean I get to sleep longer…I go to school, then work, then come home at night and do my homework.

Yaotome: I watch movies or watch videos of when I went on holiday with my friends. I spend a lot of time just relaxing.

Yabu: I go for walks. I love listening to the sounds crickets make.

Q: Autumn is the season for reading. Could you recommend us a book.

Yamada: Tsuyoshi Kusanagi’s “Chonan Gang”. It’s really easy to understand. Watching Korean dramas has made me want to go there. It’s close by so I think I will get the chance to go there some day. I want to start learning enough Korean so I don’t have any problems.

Okamoto: Shakespeare’s “Macbeth”. It’s part of my homework for school, but I’ve also wanted to read it myself, so now I’m reading it. It’s amazing how Shakespeare could think up all of these dialogues for his characters. It’s hard to memorize them though (laughs).

Arioka: I’m really into a manga called “宇宙兄弟 (Uchu Kyodai)”. It’s got everything; it moves you and it can make you laugh. I’m recommending it to a lot of people.

Takaki: “ONEPIECE”. I’d never read it up to now but after hearing the others talk about it, it sounded cool so I bought all of the existing books.

Yaotome: I’m reading the book (comedian due) オードリ (Audrey) gave me, it’s funny.

Q: How do you feel having done “SUMMARY”?

Yamada: To put it into one word, “無 (nil, nothing)”. I was so absorbed in it I didn’t think of anything else, and it felt like there weren’t any limits to what I could do. On stage I felt like I could take things as far as I wanted. There were so many things I could do that I didn’t know where to start, but I ended up doing a lot of things.

Chinen: It was long! It was really hard to keep my energy levels up for 56 shows straight. I did things that I’d never do in concerts, like jumping in mid-air or bringing out dogs, so I had to take extra care in doing them.

Takaki: I was completely burnt out! I put everything into my dancing, but there were a few times around the middle where I found it really tough. Nevertheless, I managed to fight it and get through it all.

Yabu: I like working for long periods of time so when it all finished, I felt like I could’ve kept on going. During the season I remember watching Koichi-kun’s (Domoto) SHOCK documentary on TV and thinking that I had no right to be complaining about how hard I was finding work. I called Yamada straight afterwards and said, “did you watch it?”

“Yes.”

“Let’s take it up a notch!”

Q: Autumn is the season to study. Do you do anything that helps you study better?

Chinen: When I’m in class I’ll keep telling myself, “this is really fun”, and then studying the subject actually does become fun. Like when I finish calculating something, I’ll think, “I did it! I knew I had it in me” (laughs). I get really high afterwards.

Nakajima: Me and my friends take turns in asking each other questions like a quiz show. It makes it easier for whoever’s asking the question and whoever’s answering the question to remember stuff. The other thing I’ll also do is memorize everything the day before and on the day of the test. I find it easier to remember things if it’s close to the day. Then when one test is done, I’ll forget about everything to do with that subject and start studying for my next test.

Okamoto: When I really want to concentrate, I’ll get out of the house and study at a cafe.

Morimoto: I listen to music when I study. It helps me concentrate!

Inoo: University is so different from studying at junior or senior high school. University classes are really hard and it takes a lot of effort to get through it all. I don’t get a lot of time to study because of work so I’m trying to get into the habit of studying as much as I can during class.

Q: Now that all of you are more developed music artists, have you been writing any songs lately?

Nakajima: I’ll write something down as soon as I think of it, and I hope I can turn those into a song one day. Most of my lyrics are about life and what it is. It sounds quite intense (laughs). I want to try making music too but I don’t have the skills yet…

Okamoto: I’ll write songs from time to time. I don’t set myself deadlines, but I’ll write it as soon as I think of it. It’s like how I practice the guitar, I won’t do it every day but I’ll do it when I want to.

Arioka: There’s nothing I’ve written that could be made into an actual song. Actually, I’ve begun to learn the piano now. It’s not that I wanted to start a band, but I thought it was something I needed to learn if I wanted to write music. If you can play an instrument then you can read chords and music sheets. I’ve got no plans to play during a concert, I’ll leave that up to Ino-chan.

Inoo: I do want to (write songs), but I can never find the time. I do like using the piano to make new melodies. I also want to try writing lyrics, but nothing comes to mind. Maybe I’m still a kid inside (laughs).

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,Great Blog
    Just Dropped by since your a Music Lover to let you know that you can Download all the best Music instantly right here!!!!!
    Hot Music Downloads
    Plus
    More Great Deals Here

    ReplyDelete